It was a busy week at this month’s Directions EMEA 2016 conference, where Dynamics partners like Prodware had the chance to get together, hear and see more of Microsoft strategies and solutions into the next 12 months and beyond. Here are some of the highlights.
The release of Dynamics NAV 2017
- In Office 365 Stay connected with all the parts of your business. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is directly linked to Office 365, which means you can easily review, analyse and share data with your colleagues.
- Embedded Power BI. Easily create insightful charts and reports and make them available within your Dynamics NAV 2017 role centre. Get started easily and securely with sample reports in the Content Pack.
- Faster set up and configuration. Save time and avoid unnecessary manual tasks with the assisted set up wizard to help with importing data, integration with Office 365, Dynamics CRM online
- Improved user experience. Switch between tasks more easily, view thumbnails, simplify tasks such as data entry and enjoy popular shortcuts in the web client.
- Access financial insight quickly and easily. Ready to use financial statements and default Account Schedules mean you can view the financial state of your business for any given time.
- Manage projects easily and with more visibility. Jobs is more straightforward with simpler set up wizards and templates.
- Organise and classify products the way you want with Item Attributes. Better search functionality and ability to create custom item attributes in your product catalogue.
- Streamline payments with e-everything. Make it easier for your customers to pay invoices online and process them with hyperlinks to payment services such as Paypal and use of OCR using Lexmark invoice capture.
- Built in Cortana Intelligence. Get help with forecasting on sales and inventory scenarios with predictive intelligence.
- Improved automation with PowerApps and Microsoft Flow Cut down on manual tasks and improve productivity.Connectors will be released end of October for Dynamics NAV 2017 and Dynamics 365.
Introducing Microsoft AppSource at Directions EMEA 2016
Microsoft AppSource is the new place for extensions for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 and Dynamics 365, both ISV solutions for verticals or roles and for services such as training. Get the right app for what you need now, build on what you already have and take the opportunity to try before you buy with free trials. Microsoft partners like Prodware will be making business apps available on AppSource to help you become more productive and see ROI faster.
The launch of Dynamics 365
Announced as “Intelligent business applications in the cloud”, Dynamics 365 is a single platform from Microsoft that brings together your business apps (sales, service, operations, marketing, and finance) helping you run your business in a unified and intuitive way. Using the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud, this “common data model” approach helps your teams collaborate better, be more productive and provide great customer service; in a cost effective and scalable way. Organisations pay for what they need at that time, or the applications can work seamlessly together, supporting business growth as relevant. This is an “and strategy”, Microsoft and its partners such as Prodware continue to innovate in, license and support Dynamics CRM, Dynamics AX and Dynamics NAV solutions. There will be two editions – Enterprise (UK launch 1st November) and Business (launching 2017) – depending on functionality and number of users you require. For more information, please visit our dedicated Dynamics 365 website and check on our Dynamics 365 blogs.
Hopefully this Directions EMEA 2016 blog has shed some light on what is an exciting time in business technology, as businesses look more towards digital transformation and improving productivity in an easy and intuitive way. Speak to Prodware specialists for more on how Microsoft Dynamics can help.